The Model of Workload, Professional Competence and Performance


  • Mulyadi tan Universitas Persada Indonesia YAI. Jakarta. Indonesia
  • Anoesyirwan Anoesyirwan Universitas Persada Indonesia YAI. Jakarta. Indonesia
  • Yuli Zain Universitas Persada Indonesia YAI. Jakarta. Indonesia



Workload, Professional Competence, Teacher Performance


The purpose of this study is to explore how workload and professional competence affect teacher performance in SMP Negeri 13 Kota Bandung. The study adopted a quantitative approach, utilizing multiple regression analysis. Primary data were collected through questionnaire survey administered to 31 respondents selected through purposive sampling. The results show that workload and professional competence significantly affect teacher performance in SMP Negeri 13 Kota Bandung simultaneously or partially. Furthermore, the combined effects of workload and professional competence explained 76.3% of the variance in teacher performance, while the remaining 23.7% was due to factors unobserved in this study.


Arika. 2011. Journal article Analysis of Workload Reviewed from Age Factors with the Recommended Weight Limit Approach.

Danim, Sudarwan. 2012. Teacher Profession Development, from Pre-service to Madani Professional Induction. Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media.

Dessler, Gary. 2011. Human Resource Management. Publisher Index, Jakarta.

Erlina. 2008. Business Research Methodology for Accounting and Management. Medan: USU Press.

Ferdinand, Augusty. 2012. Management Research Methods: Research Guidelines for Theses and Dissertations in Management Science. Semarang: Diponegoro University.

Ghozali, Imam. 2011. "Application of Multivariate Analysis with SPSS Program." Semarang: Diponegoro University Press.

Gujarati, Damodar N. 2006. Basic Econometrics. Jakarta: Erlangga Publisher.

Hair, J.F., et al. 2011. Multivariate Data Analysis. (7th edition). New Jersey: Pearson Education Inc.

Handoko, T. H. 1994. Personnel Management and Human Resources. Yogyakarta: BPFE Yogyakarta.

Kemenpan, Minister of Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform Regulation No. 39/ Menpan/ 2012 concerning Work Culture Development Guidelines.

Kusmianto. 2012. Teacher Performance Assessment Guide by Supervisors. Jakarta: Erlangga.

Kusnandar. 2007. Professional Teacher. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo.

M. B. Ali. 2010. Indonesian Language Dictionary. Penabur Ilmu, Bandung.

Maister, H. David. 2008. True Professionalism. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.

Makawimbang, J. H. 2011. Supervision and Improvement of Education Quality. Bandung: Alfabeta.

Mansur, Muslich. 2007. Teacher Certification towards Educator Professionalism. Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara.

Manuaba. 2010. Relationship between Workload and Work Capacity. Jakarta: Rinek Cipta.

Mathis, R. L & Jackson, J. H. 2011. Human Resource Management (10th edition). Jakarta: Salemba Empat.

Muhammad, Rifqi. 2008. Analysis of the Relationship between Auditor Professionalism and Materiality Level Considerations in the Financial Audit Process. In Phenomena Journal. [Online]. Vol 6 (1), 20 pages. Available:; [July 12, 2009].

Muhlisin. 2008. Teacher Performance Professionalism Facing the Future. (Online). Accessed on October 10, 2014.

Mulyasa, E. 2007. Teacher Competency Standards and Certification. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosdakarya.

Munandar, A. S. 2010. Stress and Work Safety in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Universitas Indonesia Publisher.

Muskamal. 2010. Analysis of Organizational Workload in Regional Government Organizations. PKP2A II. LAN Makassar.

Nasir, Moh. 2008. Research Methods. Jakarta, Ghalia Indonesia.

Nawawi, Hadari. 2005. Applied Research. Yogyakarta: Gajah Mada University Press.

Panggabean, M. S. 2004. Human Resource Management. Bogor: Ghalia Indonesia.

Pidarta. M. 2014. Indonesian Education Management. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.

Prawirosentono. Suyadi. 2009. Human Resource Management Policy for Employee Performance. BPFE. Yogyakarta.

Priyatno, Duwi. 2012. Quick Learning of Data Analysis with SPSS 20. Yogyakarta: Andi Offset.

Rasto. 2015. Understanding Performance. (Online). Accessed on August 7, 2015.

Rasto, 2015. Teacher Teaching Performance Dimensions. (Online). Accessed on August 8, 2015.

Rustad Supriadi 2012. "Teacher Certification In-Job Year 2012," Jakarta.

Sabar, Rutoto. 2007. Introduction to Research Methodology. FKIP: Muria University of Kudus.

Samani, Muchlas. 2006.




How to Cite

tan, M., Anoesyirwan, A., & Zain, Y. (2024). The Model of Workload, Professional Competence and Performance. Siber Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary, 1(4), 154–171.